Can You Believe We're Still Fighting This?

We all know $10 in NYC doesn’t go very far. But on Thurs, May 11, your $10 will reach over 1,581 miles. PP South Dakota needs all the help they can get to fight the recent decision by SD lawmakers to outlaw a woman’s right to choose. Show your love for PP, and let’s bridge those 1,581 miles to South Dakota with our donations and our fighting spirit, as we say: “YES! We ARE fighting for choice!!!”

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

In response to recent criticism:

We acknowledge that there are strong feelings on both sides of this issue. What we are truly advocating for is the right of a woman to control her own body and respecting women enough to make the best choice for themselves. We believe that to take away a woman's right to choose puts society on a slippery slope, and that it sets a dangerous precedent. Furthermore, we are also advocates for better and affordable birth control, safe-sex, pro-active sex education and inexpensive pre-natal care, as well as better and more affordable services for women after they have given birth, such as maternity and paternity leave, children's healthcare, a living wage and affordable daycare.

As for any personal attacks on us--You have a right to do so, but you do not know us, nor have you made any attempt to contact us to find out why we are doing this and why we are so passionate about it. We are happy to engage in productive discussion that doesn't resort to name calling and bickering. We are smart women, and we believe that the lives of women, the quality of those lives, and the equality of women is worth fighting for.

Regards,
5 Girls from Queens

8 Comments:

  • At 10:27 AM, Blogger Courts! said…

    Hey guys!! Gawker has got your BACK!!! Check it out on Gawker.com.

     
  • At 10:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Awesome. I'm so glad you guys are doing this.

    One request- could you put up a Pay Pal link so that people like me can donate to your cause? I probably won't be able to make it to NYC, but my shiny Visa card can. ;)

     
  • At 10:39 AM, Blogger my_choice_usa said…

    We just saw it, thanks Courts!
    --Dana

     
  • At 10:42 AM, Blogger my_choice_usa said…

    Hi Suzanne, the Donate to PP South Dakota link on the right will take you to a page where you can donate specifically to this cause. Just do us a favor and mention us in the comments section! -Dana

     
  • At 10:50 AM, Blogger my_choice_usa said…

    Extra special props go out to Shannon for penning such a fantastic response

     
  • At 6:27 AM, Blogger SpangledAngel said…

    I'm so proud of you for not playing into that woman's hand and offering up some snark of your own (as I was tempted to do for about four seconds, until I realized that the NY Sun does not accept letters to the editor unless one is a subscriber...)

    Good luck tomorrow night, girls! I'll be there in spirit!

    Jessica

     
  • At 8:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Is there any way to send $10 along even if I can't make it tonight? Can I send a check somewhere? I could send it directly to PPSD, I s'pose, but I'd love to send it along with the rest of the support from the Big Apple and your fundraiser tonight.

     
  • At 1:09 PM, Blogger my_choice_usa said…

    Hey Jo - thanks for your support. Why don't you email us at my_choice_usa@yahoo.com, and we'll see if we can work something out.
    Thanks!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home